Take Charge Savings Program
The Take Charge Savings Program is designed to help teens "Take Charge of their future". By developing a healthy savings habit early in life, your young adult will learn to manage their money wisely. Owning a Take Charge Savings Account is easy at New Dimensions FCU. Check out the account benefits below:
- Take Charge Savings Program is for young adults age 12 through their 18th birthday
- Only $25 minimum deposit is required
- Graduating high school seniors can apply for the Take Charge College Scholarship
- Coverdell Education IRA's available to save for college expenses
- Monthly birthday drawing - winner selects a prize from the Take Charge Prize Vault
- Any Take Charge Savings Program account that receives a deposit is entered into a monthly drawing for $20 cash
- Take Charge Savings Account holders between the ages of 16 and 18 can open a checking account and Visa Debit Card (of age joint owner/co-signer is required until the child turns 18)
Call us today to find out how to become a Take Charge Savings Program account holder!
Take Charge Savings Program Scholarship
Each year, one scholarship is awarded to a graduating senior in the amount of $1,000.00 prior to graduation. The check will be issued in the recipient’s name to the chosen college that will be used for any school-related expenses, such as tuition, books, or supplies.
The following minimum criteria must be met to be considered for the scholarship:
1. The student must be an active participant in the Take Charge Savings Program with New Dimensions FCU for a full year prior to the application and be a member in good standing (Example, for graduation 2015, the account has to have been opened before June 1, 2014).
2. Student must be a graduating senior with at least a “C” average in high school.
3. Student must be planning to attend an accredited educational institution (i.e. a 2 or 4 year college or trade school).
The following items need to be submitted to be considered for the scholarship:
· Completed scholarship application
· A current academic transcript
· SAT or ACT scores
· One letter of reference from a teacher or guidance counselor
· A short essay (no more than 250 words) stating what your long-term professional goals are as well as your financial need for this scholarship
Application deadline is April 1st of each year and the scholarship winner will is notified the first of May. Call us at 800-326-6190 or email email@example.com
with any questions you may have regarding the Take Charge Savings Program
Savings Account or Take Charge Scholarship.
Check out these interactive games, videos, and stories that help guide you through real-life money issues.