Our mission is to provide relevant financial products and creative solutions to promote the uniqueness of the credit union philosophy.
From our humble beginnings…
New Dimensions FCU began in 1956 and was known then as Notre Dame Waterville Federal Credit Union. Our mission was simple – to provide excellent financial services to members of Notre Dame Church in Waterville. Our charter was comprised of members of the parish of Notre Dame Church and on August 27, 1956, we began operating out of a corridor at the Notre Dame School on Water Street from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Our first employee, Earl Rancourt, (who later became President/CEO) renovated his basement to house the operations from 1963 to 1973. In 1973, as membership grew, the Notre Dame Waterville Federal Credit Union purchased and renovated a former homestead at 5 Kimball Street located nearby. Finally, in 1987, we opened the doors to our current location at 61 Grove Street. In 2011, further, expansion included a branch located at 72 Cony Street in Augusta. The new branch offered members living and working in the Augusta area a second location to better serve their financial needs. In 2018, we grew even more by merging with Taconnet FCU. This merger created an even stronger membership and two additional branches were added, one in Skowhegan and the other in Winslow, to serve our nearly 16,000 members.
NDFCU has spent over 60 years working to develop individual relationships with our members. These special relationships enable us to offer creative solutions and products that are not only relevant but uniquely geared to each person’s financial needs. We are humbled every day by the loyalty and opportunity given by our members to furnish the financial strategies and products that enhance their lifestyles.