To maintain the Institution’s accounting records and reports, ensuring they are in compliance and accurate with generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP), financial institution accounting practices, and NCUA.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Prepares accurate month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closings and appropriate financial reports. Prepaids, depreciation, IRA and backup withholding to State and Federal agencies. 1099’s for vendors.
Balance and process payments for third-party vendors. Balance daily GL, shares and loans, teller totals, clearing accounts, inventory sold, ATM and card reports, check reconciliation, US Savings Bonds, CU investment activity, check collection, and record investment activity. Maintain accuracy of investments recorded in various software platforms.
Performs day-to-day computer operating functions and maintenance of electronic data processed journals, ledgers, and archive system.
Completes wire transfers.
Reconciles the corporate bank statement on a weekly basis.
Develops and recommends accounting methods and procedures. Coordinates accounting matters with other departments and locations.
Pays Credit Union bills as approved in a timely manner.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- To prepare all reports within the prescribed time frame and with zero errors.
- To keep all assigned general ledger accounts current and in balance daily.
- To provide helpful, informative assistance to other accounting clerks within the department.
- To provide assistance to management with accounting related activities and budget preparation.
- To maintain a professional work environment and business life appearance.
- To provide auditors and examiners with requested documents in a prompt and professional manner.
- To behave in a positive manner, assist co-workers as needed in a friendly, courteous, and respectful manner, and avoid negative behaviors.
- To comply with all credit union policies including reporting to work on time and avoiding unnecessary absences.
- To comply with requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, NCUA Rules and Regulations, and any other regulations pertaining to the job as described and credit union operations.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two-year college degree, or (2) completion of a specialized certification or licensing, or (3) completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, or (4) job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves contact with persons beyond immediate associates regarding routine matters for the purpose of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors), requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
Other Skills: A two-year degree and experience with automated data processing systems. Knowledge of GAAP principles and procedures, Credit Union accounting reports and procedures; ability to focus on details. Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, and Access. Time management and organizational skills.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, occasionally stand, and walk (including going up and downstairs). The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.70 – $25.00 per hour
To keep our employees safe, we have installed plexiglass, and provide masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.
If interested send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.