December 30, 2020, Update:
We want to share information about an economic relief payment you may be entitled to through the recently passed coronavirus relief bill. Within this bill, eligible individual adults with adjusted gross income on their 2019 tax returns of up to $75,000 will receive a one-time payment of $600. Married couples (or someone whose spouse died in 2020) earning up to $150,000 a year will receive $1,200. Families who meet those income requirements also will receive $600 for each child under 17. People who filed taxes in 2019 using the “head of household” status and making up to $112,500 also will get the $600 payment, plus the additional amount for children. Payments begin to phase out when individual adjusted gross income exceeds the levels stated above, with payments going to $0 when income reaches $87,000 for individuals and $174,000 for married couples.
If you qualify for a payment, you will receive your payment in one of two ways:
- If your financial account is on file with the IRS, your stimulus payment will be deposited directly into your account. The IRS will use the account information from your 2019 tax return filings.
- If you do not have a financial account on file with the IRS, your stimulus check will be mailed to you at the address the IRS has on file. You can easily deposit your check using our mobile app, which can be downloaded here: Android Users and iPhone Users.
While the exact day payments will be distributed is unknown at this time, we expect the Treasury Department to begin distributing payments this week. However, please note that these payments could be sent in waves, and not everyone will receive payments at the same time. We also want to remind you that the IRS will not contact you for your personal information or to provide them with any type of payment. Stay alert to fraud, and please do not share your confidential account details with anyone who contacts you by email or over the phone.
November 29, 2020, Update:
New Dimensions Federal Credit Union is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff and members by preventing potential exposure to Coronavirus. Because we are considered an essential business, it is our intent to remain open, so you have access to your accounts and services
Considering the current increase in COVID-19 cases we have made the following important decision:
Effective Monday, November 30, 2020, our lobbies will be temporarily closed.
Appointments can be made Monday-Friday 9 am – 5 pm for those transactions that cannot be taken care of online or at the drive-thru.
The following are the hours of our drive-thru services which will remain available Monday – Friday:
8 am – 5 pm (All locations)
Many members are now taking advantage of technology and all the ways to access their accounts. If you would like to sign up for any of these services, please reach out to any of our staff so that we can help you set up your accounts. The following is a list of ways you can access your accounts and conduct your necessary banking functions with as little disruption as possible.
- Night Deposit-We have a night deposit drop at all locations that are checked first thing every morning
- Home Banking-If you haven’t registered your account, you can do that here.
- Mobile Banking-Visit the Google Play Store for Android or the Apple Store for iPhone.
- Online Lending
- Online Loan Payments
- Electronic Bill Payments
- Deposit a check with your phone
- Person-to-person pay—Need to pay back a friend for something, use our person-to-person service that is powered by PayPal.
- Shared Branching
- Surf ATM: Visit any ATM anywhere in Maine, surcharge-free wherever you see the SURF logo. Find a SURF ATM near you.
Please note that we are closely following the state and federal guidelines regarding social distancing and the use of face masks for all our drive-up locations.
We are working hard to ensure that our members experience the continued excellent service they have come to know and expect from our team. We encourage you to visit our website regularly as this situation evolves, additional updates will be posted to keep you informed. On behalf of the Board of Directors, Staff, and Volunteers, we wish you good health and that you stay safe and remind you one last time…we are here for you when you need us.