Each year, New Dimensions FCU awards $4,000 in scholarships to area graduating students who have excelled academically and have been active in their community. Four seniors will be chosen to receive $1,000.00 each by meeting the criteria below. Please note that the check will be issued directly to the college, university, or trade school of choice prior to the start of the first semester. The check will be sent on the winner’s behalf, to be used for any school-related expenses, such as tuition, books, or supplies.
To be eligible for a scholarship*:
- Student must be a graduating high school senior
- The Student must be an active member of New Dimensions Federal Credit Union for one year prior to the Scholarship Application deadline (Example: deadline is April 1, 2020 – account has to have been opened prior to April 1, 2019)
- The Student must be planning to attend an accredited educational institution (i.e. 2 or 4-year college, university, or trade school)
The following items need to be submitted to be considered for the scholarship:
- Completed scholarship application
- A current academic transcript
- One letter of reference from a teacher or guidance counselor.
- One letter of reference from a business/organization you have volunteered for.
- A list of community volunteerism you completed in 2019.
- A brief essay (Video: approximately 5 minutes/Written: approximately 450-500 words) stating what Educate, Empower, and Evolve means to you today and in 10 years from now.
*Letters are sent to members who are between the ages of 17-19 to capture all potential students who may be graduating and heading to college in the next school year. It is also intended to raise awareness of our valuable scholarship when students are ready to begin college in a couple of years. We realize that a lot of 17-year olds will not be heading to college next school year (or your 19-year-old is already in college), but our efforts are to capture those who might be heading into their first year of college. Please see the above criteria for all eligibility terms.
Applications must be returned by April 1, 2020, to:
New Dimensions Federal Credit Union
Attn: Marketing Department
94 Silver Street
Waterville, ME 04901