In 2021, New Dimensions FCU will award two $2,500 scholarships to area graduating students who have excelled academically and have been active in their community. Two seniors will be chosen to receive $2,500.00 each by meeting the criteria below. Please note that the check will be issued directly to the college, university, or trade school of choice prior to the start of the first semester. The check will be sent on the winner’s behalf, to be used for any school-related expenses, such as tuition, books, or supplies.
To be eligible for a scholarship*:
- The student must be a graduating high school senior.
- The Student must be an active member of New Dimensions Federal Credit Union for one year prior to the Scholarship Application deadline (Example: deadline is April 1, 2021 – account has to have been opened prior to April 1, 2020).
- The Student must be planning to attend an accredited educational institution (i.e. 2 or 4-year college, university, or trade school).
The following items need to be submitted to be considered for the scholarship:
- Completed scholarship application.
- A current academic transcript.
- One letter of reference from a teacher or guidance counselor.
- One letter of reference from a business/organization if you volunteered in 2020.
- A list of community volunteerism you completed in 2020 (if any).
- We realize in 2020, the pandemic may have prohibited you from volunteering so if you have, please let us know about it, if not, you will still be eligible to participate in this year’s scholarship program.
- A brief essay (Video: approximately 5 minutes/Written: approximately 450-500 words) stating how you overcame the learning obstacles and challenges [due to the pandemic] in your last year of high school. How do you think it will help better equip you to handle unforeseen changes [and there will be many] as you move into your first year in college? Do you think the lessons you have learned over this last year will impact you in 10 years and if so, how? Tell us about any community service you may have done during the pandemic and how you think you made a difference. (If you did not do any community service skip this question.)
Applications must be returned by April 1, 2021, to:
New Dimensions Federal Credit Union
Attn: Marketing Department
94 Silver Street
Waterville, ME 04901